VISION / MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Haddonfield Public Schools, working in partnership with families and community, is to develop the unique potential of each individual and prepare all students to meet the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards by creating a challenging and diverse learning climate that promotes the development of the whole student, and prepares its students with the knowledge skills and integrity to meet life’s challenges and enrich their community.
We believe that we have the responsibility to treat each person with respect.
We believe that nurturing creativity is a critical element in the learning process.
We believe that service to others promotes the social, emotional, and intellectual growth of the individual.
We believe that schools share the responsibility with family and community in promoting positive social skills.
We believe that every person has the right to a safe and nurturing environment.
We believe that learning is a life-long process.
We believe that all people have the right to achieve their individual potential.
We believe in the concept of neighborhood schools.
We believe that the quality of education depends upon the quality of the teachers in the classroom.
We believe that valuing diversity enriches learning.
We believe that the inclusion of special needs students in regular education classrooms enriches every child’s education.
We believe that we have a responsibility to teach and model ethical behavior.
We will always…
Operate in the best interests of children.
- Provide safe facilities.
- Keep parents informed of decisions that affect their children.
- Administer appropriate discipline that:
- Maintains dignity
- Develops an understanding of the consequences of behavior
- Teaches acceptable behavior
- Encourage community participation
- Hire and retain teachers based on clearly defined criteria in a thorough and careful process
- Combat student isolation and alienation
- Be open and accountable in fiscal matters
We will never…
Adopt a program without considering:
- Demonstrated need
- Research on best practice
- Ongoing communication with all effected parties
- Clearly defined and measurable goals
- Cost benefit analysis
- Impact on all district programs adequate staffing, resources and training
- Impact on all district programs
- Adequate staffing, resources and training
- Method of evaluation and feedback
- Dangerous or illegal behavior
- Harassment or discrimination