I am the Business Administrator and Board Secretary for Haddonfield School District.
After earning my degree in accounting from Rutgers, I worked as a senior accountant for a local South Jersey firm that audits municipalities, school districts, fire districts, municipal utility authorities and public libraries. I came to Haddonfield in 2017 as the Accounting Manager and became the Assistant Business Administrator in 2018.
My job includes:
- Managing the business office; purchasing, accounting, human resources, payroll, insurance, and construction
- Planning and preparing the annual budget and long-range financial plan
- Supervising the district’s transportation and food service programs
- Working closely with the Director of Facilities to address building and ground maintenance
- Assisting in the annual school audit required to be filed every year with the state of New Jersey
- Serving as the Secretary for the Board of Education; preparing Board meeting agendas, producing Board meeting minutes, and providing training for Board members
Although I do not have daily contact with Haddonfield students, their success and well-being always play a key role in my decision-making. I’m dedicated to creating a meaningful work environment with open communication, and I am fortunate to work with a group of driven individuals who inspire each other.
I have the confidence to meet challenges head-on, and I’m enthusiastic to continue learning, growing and improving with the Haddonfield Public Schools.
Michael A. Catalano